On May 10, 1879, the Court of Common Pleas granted the petition for incorporation to the 68 residents of Perkasie. At that time, Perkasie covered 1,640 acres. This rural community has grown to cover 15,034 acres with over 8,000 residents living within its boundaries. Perkasie was named after the Manor of Perkasie, a tract of 11,462 acres located in Bucks County that had been owned by William Penn. The word “Perkasie” comes from the Lenape Indian word “Poekskos-sing”, which means “where hickory nuts are cracked.”
620 West Chestnut Street
Perkasie, PA 18944
Phone: 215-257-5065 Fax: 215-257-6875
Mon to Fri: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
© 2023. Perkasie Borough. All rights reserved.