The Perkasie Carousel
The Perkasie Carousel, located in Menlo Park near 3rd Street and Park Avenue, is operated and maintained by the Perkasie Historical Society. Some key dates in the Carousel’s history:
- 1895: The building that houses the carousel was built.
- 1951: The carousel currently on the site was purchased, replacing an 1891 model that had hand-carved wooden horses.
- 1955: The entire park, including the carousel, was purchased by the Borough of Perkasie for $115,000.The Borough operated all the rides at the park until the early 1960’s when all but the carousel were demolished.
- 1968: The Perkasie Historical Society began leasing the carousel from Perkasie Borough for $1 per year and has operated the carousel ever since.
- 1995: The local community organized a major restoration of the historic building after heavy snowfall collapsed the roof.
Click this link to find the current schedule for the Perkasie Carousel.