During the month of October 2020 many of our town center businesses will display a pumpkin in their window. A list of all the pumpkins will be posted here by the end of September. This is intended to be a fun, active way to explore the town while having some fall fun with our local business owners.
As you take on the Pumpkin Hunt please take note of the special offers, flavors and freebies you will find on the trail.
Here are some other ideas for pumpkin fun in October:
Check out a pumpkin book from the Perkasie Library
- “We’re Going on a Pumpkin Hunt” by Mary Wilcox gives a fresh, fall take on the classic bear hunt story that we all know and love
- “How Big Could Your Pumpkin Grow” by Wendell Minor celebrates a host of famous landmarks and landscapes, plays with concepts of size and scale, and is full of fun facts
- “The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin” by Joe Troiano delivers a special message of tolerance and kindness in a fun, accessible format for early learners
Pumpkin is likely the most recognizable flavors of Fall, and you can find many ways to enjoy it in “Purely Pumpkin: More Than 100 Seasonal Recipes to Share, Savor, and Warm Your Kitchen” by Allison Day.
- An adorable egg carton craft from Craftaholics Anonymous
- A (clean) sock pumpkin from MeaningulMama
- A bouncy toilet roll pumpkin from Crafty Morning
We wish to thank all our participating Perkasie businesses, and Perkasie resident Carrie Najarian for putting this program together.