Farmers Markets are recognized as having an essential role in securing and supporting the local food supply, and the Perkasie Farmers Market is delighted to announce that we are open Saturdays for the 2020 season.
Our market has been a social gathering for our community for many years and we know we will return to that but, for now we have to ask our customers, vendors and staff to follow a whole new set of procedures. We have developed a Coronavirus Mitigation Plan for Vendors and Customers to help keep shopping safe for everyone. Please be aware and be ready to follow this guidance as you shop at the Farmers Market.
Coronavirus Mitigation Plan:
- A mask or face covering is required to shop at the market.
- You will find farms, food producers, soap and hand made face masks at the market. We are looking forward to bringing our crafters back to the market soon.
- We are asking customers to limit time spent at the market, in order to ease social distancing: do not eat at the market and try not to linger; entering and leaving the market quickly will make it safer for you, other customers and our staff.
- Please pre-order and pre-pay for as much as possible from our vendors. Click here to find ordering instructions from each of our vendors. Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be added to the list for the newsletter.
- If you do not preorder and prepay, please bring small bills and try to pay in the exact amount. Our vendors are working on touchless methods for credit card payments.
- Please send one or two people from your household to shop at the market if you can. Help us social distance.
- The first 45 minutes of the market (9:00am-9:45am) is reserved for seniors, those with underlying conditions AND Pickup of preorders ONLY
- All other shoppers, please shop during the following hours if you are able. This will help with social distancing and help us avoid the 10:30 “just rolled out of bed, it’s Saturday” surge in attendance.
- 9:45am – 10:30am: Surnames beginning with A-H
- 10:30am-11:15am: Surnames beginning with I-P
- 11:15am-12pm: Surnames beginning with Q-Z
- Please be aware of social distancing at all times and stay 6′ away from others, whether standing in line for service, or when moving around the market.
- We will endeavor to have hand sanitizer at various points around the market but, if you can, bring your own to use between vendor visits.
- Please leave your pets at home. Service animals are always welcome.
- Our restrooms are open and will be sanitized hourly during market hours.
We thank our loyal customers in advance for adhering to these necessary safety guidelines. In addition, for the public’s safety, our vendors will also be taking many precautions to keep shopping safe for you and for them. We are looking forward to the start of the season and enjoying another year at the Perkasie Farmers Market.
Questions? Please email the Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our popular, award-winning market is held on Saturday mornings, from 9am – 12pm on S. 7th St., in the center of Perkasie. The 2020 season will open on June 6th and end on October 31st.
Local farmers and food producers bring locally grown and Certified Locally Grown produce, eggs, cheese, meat, mushrooms, honey, guacamole, coffee, cookies and cakes, preserves, olive oil, sweet treats, flowers, plants, and more, as well as soap, hygiene products and hand made masks.
The best way to find weekly happenings, vendor news and specials is to follow our Facebook page.
Special Event Calendar
We enjoy live music every week. Other special events and community group visits are suspended. We hope to bring you crafts and an entertainment calendar later in the season.
Market Loyalty Card
The market loyalty card is temporarily suspended. We hope to begin punching cards again later in the season.
We were named as WINNER in the Farmers’ Market category of the Bucks Happening Magazine “Best in Bucks” contest in both 2016 AND 2017, and runner up in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Thank you to our community for voting and for your support of the market all season long.
We won a 2016 “Award for Excellence” from the PA Recreation and Parks Society, Inc. The Perkasie Farmers’ Market is seen as a key part of economic growth in Perkasie and helps position Parks and Recreation as an essential community service.
VENDORS: Vendor registration opens in January for the 2019 season. Please go to www.perkasierec.com for more information about fees and other requirements. Please direct questions to the Borough’s Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
ENTERTAINERS: PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org FOR A CURRENT STATUS ON BOOKING MUSICIANS FOR THE MARKET.
We welcome applications from musicians to play at the market. We are able to pay a stipend. It is a great way to get exposure to a local crowd and you are welcome to promote your other gigs, collect tips, share information and sell your CDs or other merchandise. Please direct any questions or send a demo to the Borough’s Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
COMMUNITY GROUPS: PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org FOR A CURRENT STATUS ON BRINGING YOUR COMMUNITY GROUP OR NON-PROFIT TO THE MARKET.
We offer a FREE spot to local community or civic groups that would like to come out and share information. We ask that you provide a small craft or activity for kids or families as part of your participation. Call the Borough’s Events Coordinator at 215-257-5065 or email email@example.com to get on the schedule.
VOLUNTEERS: We welcome volunteers at the market. Please contact the Borough’s Event Coordinator if you would like to spend a morning helping out at the market.
SPONSORS: We thank our sponsors, QNB Bank and JC Steinly for their support of the 2019 market season.
We do welcome additional sponsorship from local businesses. Please call the Borough’s Events Coordinator at 215-257-5065 to discuss the opportunity to promote your business over our summer season.