Perkasie has an extensive park system and an active Parks and Recreation Board that offers many activities throughout the Borough.
Borough Protected Parks & Open Space
Open space in Perkasie makes up over 200 acres. Four main parks make up the Borough’s recreational space and total over 80 acres. Borough protected greenways and open space land consist over close to 100 acres. Protected land from homeowner associations in the Borough make up another 38 acres.
The Borough’s park system consists of Menlo Park at Park and Arthur Avenues, and Lenape Park, at Walnut Street and Constitution Avenue – These parks are located adjacent to one another and total over 44 acres of park land.
- Menlo Park houses the Menlo Aquatics Center, the historic Perkasie Carousel, two picnic pavilions and a children’s play area. The Bucks County Free Library: Samuel Pierce Branch, is adjacent to the park.
- Lenape Park is located on both sides of the East Branch Perkiomen Creek with a bikeway constructed along one side of the creek. Lenape Park attractions include a dog park, skate park, three Little League baseball fields, a softball field, sand volleyball court, ice skating rink, picnic areas and the twin bridges. Also located on the Constitution Avenue side of Lenape Park is the Borough owned wind turbine.
- The Kulp playground, located on Second Street offers tennis courts, basketball courts, a baseball field with newly renovated courts (2018), picnic area and play ground for children. There is also a baby/wading pool that is open Monday-Friday, 11:00 – 3:00 pm from mid-June through the end of August. Cost is only $2 and is free for members of the Menlo Aquatics Center.
- A tot-lot is located on Spruce Street near Main Street. This lot is linked to the other parks via the Pleasant Spring Creek Bikeway.
Some park facilities are available for rental. Please download and complete the appropriate form below or apply directly at the Borough Office.
Click here to download and complete a rental form and return it to the Director of Parks and Recreation: Ball Field Reservation Form 2019. Field rental is available for the day or the entire season(s). Field rental dates are first come first reserve and are limited to two days per week. A copy of your team’s insurance, naming Perkasie Borough as an additional policy holder, must be included.
- Field rental is $50.00 per team per season and an additional $1 per Perkasie Resident and $2 per Non Perkasie Resident. Roster must be submitted before end of season with additional payment.
- If using Kulp Memorial Field and lights are needed, the cost is $25.00 per game and for a double header it is $40.00 per game.
- A $25.00 refundable deposit must be made in addition to the cost for the lights. Key must be returned after event/season.
Click here to download and complete a rental form and return it to the Director of Parks and Recreation: Pavilion Reservation 2019. Rental dates are on a first come, first serve and first pay basis. Hours for rentals are dawn to dusk. We do not hold dates and after dusk parties are not permitted.
- A $25.00 deposit is required for all pavilion reservations, including non-profits.
- Borough resident costs: 3 hours, $40.00. 4-8 hours, $70.00
- Non-resident costs: 3 hours, $55.00 . 4-8 hours, $90.00
- Non-profit groups in the Borough or school groups in the Pennridge School District: 3 hours, $20.00. 4-8 hours, $30.00
5k through Lenape and Lake Lenape Park
Perkasie Borough and Sellersville Borough are working together to make it easier for your 5k! Lenape Park is in Perkasie, while Lake Lenape Park is located in Sellersville but we have made ONE application that is due to Perkasie for your 5k event through the park. If you are interested in holding a 5k please fill out this form: 5K Event Permit Application 2019
Holding events in the Borough and Park System
Groups and individuals wishing to host events in the Borough or Parks should download and complete this form: Event Permit Application 2019. Please return it to the Borough office for review by Borough Council. Please also note there is a $10 administrative fee and the application is due at least 45 days prior to the event to be considered.
Bicycle & Walking Path System – Sellersville/ Perkasie/ East Rockhill
This bikeway attaches to a bikeway in Sellersville Borough, continues through Perkasie, along the creek and attaches to a bikeway in East Rockhill Township. The Bikeway from Main Street, Sellersville to the east side of Blooming Glen Road covers approximately 3.25 miles. For information on the length of the bikeway, please click here. A link to the bikeway is planned in Perkasie Borough that will follow Pleasant Spring Creek, cross Walnut Street at the south east end of the borough, continue through the Stonycrest development and end in Hilltown Township.
For more information about the Borough park system, contact the Park and Recreation Director at (215)257-5065 ext. 115 or email email@example.com