Perkasie’s ceremony began in 1909 and is now in its 114th year. It was officially recognized as the oldest in the US in 2015, when it was read into the Congressional Record by Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick.
Families can expect a traditional evening out, with Holiday music, food and fun. Santa Claus and Mrs Claus will arrive on a Perkasie Electric Truck to light the Christmas tree at 7pm and one lucky child will be chosen to climb on the stage to help Santa light the tree; bring a non-perishable food item for Pennridge FISH to enter the drawing. Drawing at 6:30pm. SANTA ARRIVES AT 7:00PM
New for 2022: meet 2 of Santa’s reindeer on Market St. Meet the Grinch at the Kids’ Christmas Village on 7th St, presented by RAMs Pint House. antique Holiday tractor rides are located at 8th & Market.
AROUND THE EVENT
5:00pm – 8:00pm
Antique Tractor Rides at 8th & Market
Reindeer at 6th & Market ($10 photo fee)
Trackless Train rides at 6th & Chestnut
Kids Christmas Village at S. 7th St
Live store window dioramas on N. 7th St
Shannon Carney Academy Perform excerpts from The Nutcracker at 5:30pm and 6:30pm
ENTERTAINMENT TENT PROGRAM
- 5:15pm: Former Mayor: T’was the night Before Christmas
- 5:30pm: Pennridge South Middle School Choir
- 5:45pm: Pennridge Central Middle School Harmony Group
- 6:00pm: Mike Greer & Co. live music
- 6:45pm: PTIA draw raffle for child to switch on the lights
- 6:45pm: Mike Greer & Co. live music
LAST CALL for alcohol sales at 7:30pm
ROAD CLOSURES & PARKING RESTRICTIONS: Click this link for Parking Restrictions and Road Closure Information
The Perkasie Historical Society Museum will be open with a “Christmas in Perkasie” display on W. Walnut St. 4pm-7pm on Saturday December 3rd. “The Polar Express” Conductor reads storytimes at 4pm & 5pm.
Perkasie’s Historic Carousel will be open for rides with Santa. 12pm-5pm on Saturday December 3rd.
Nostalgic Holiday Train Display will be open from 12:00pm – 8:00pm on Friday 12/2 AND Saturday 12/3 at the Perkasie Electric Company, 120 N 7th St. This event is presented by the Perkasie Model Railroad Club.
Meet Me at the Manger and Christmas Cafe will be open from 4:30pm-6:30pm at Trinity Lutheran Church.
The Perkasie Towne Improvement Association will present an Ugly Sweater Party at their First Friday event from 5:30pm-8pm on Friday December 2nd. Join them in the town center for music, shopping, food and community.
Perkasie’s annual Santa Run around our neighborhoods is scheduled for Friday December 2nd. Subject to change if weather is inclement.
Local churches are open with takeaway crafts and hot cocoa to warm you on the walk into or out of town.
SPONSORS: We are grateful to the organizations that make America’s Tree Lighting possible.
- Major Sponsors: American Heritage Federal Credit Union, Gilmore & Associates, The Gutter Guys, IT Landes Home Services, A&T Chevrolet-Subaru
- Carriage Sponsors: Laurel Abstract, Thrivent Financial, Dunkin’ Perkasie, Grim Biehn & Thatcher
- Tent & Entertainment Sponsors: Black Cat Collective, Moving Targets, Penn Community Bank, Perkasie Dental Loft, Renewal by Andersen, Rams Pint House, Shelly’s, Univest, QNB
- General Sponsors: Chimayo Gallery, Emerald Carpet & Flooring, Free Will Brewing Company, Joe Davis Autosport, Landis Supermarket, Perkasie Historical Society, Rise & Grind Cafe.
VOLUNTEERS: we couldn’t run an event like this without our wonderful volunteers. Thank you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved with Perkasie’s wonderful events.
In 2020, the global Covid pandemic led to Borough staff working with local businesses to create and stream a virtual Tree Lighting event. The video of 2020’s virtual Tree Lighting can be enjoyed here: special edition of “Perkasie LIVE” . The show was hosted by Todd Hurley and Joe Weichel and was produced by Perkasie’s PBR Productions.