Perkasie’s Earth Day event is scheduled from 1pm-4pm on Sunday April 23rd, 2023.
Join us for a fun afternoon finding out how we can all help the earth. Themed exhibitors, vegan & healthy food, Master Gardeners, live music from Brake for Turtles, community art, crafts. Special guest, the Pennsylvania Woodmobile. Information on waste reduction and recycling, composting & more.
We are collecting specialty items for recycling……
- Free secure shredding (thank you Redtail Financial Group).
- Sneakers & athletic shoes (GotSneakers)
- Plastic film: bread bags, storage bags, ice, pellet, produce, dry cleaning, grocery, salt bags, packaging pillows, LDPE/HDPE films. Thank you Girl Scout Troop 2187……… click here for flyer.
- All brands of blades, razors, and plastic packaging (Terracycle / Gillette Recycling Program)
- All brands of flexible plastic candy & snack wrappers (Terracycle / Candy & Snack Wrappers)
- All brands of oral care packaging including toothbrushes & packaging, floss containers, toothpaste tubes, caps & packaging (Terracycle / Oral Care Waste)
- Usable/wearable clothing, shoes (bag separately), accessories (gloves/ties/bags etc), household linens, stuffed animals, bicycles. Thank you to the Pennridge Girls’ Ice Hockey Team …. click here for the flyer.
- Old keyboards, Drum hardware, Broken/ non working instruments, Instrument cords, Music & instrument stands, old strings (all kinds), Used sheet music/ books. Thank you Walden’s Music & Gifts
- Laundered dog collars, leashes, harnesses, toys, bath/beach towels, twin or throw size blankets, toys, and beds. Unused heart worm and flea/tick preventatives. Thank you Harley’s Haven
- US flags, correct & respectfully retired by Boy Scout Troop 1
- Eyeglasses & cases (Perkasie Lions Club)
Our friends at the KONA Compost Co. will collect scraps at the event in April: fruit & veggie scraps, coffee grounds, flowers, pet fur, pasta, grains, pizza boxes, tofu, shredded cardboard, sweets, nuts etc. NO MEAT OR DAIRY! Kona offer curbside collection for food scraps year round.
EXHIBITORS: seeking exhibitors with a tie in to the Earth Day theme. Please contact email@example.com.
VOLUNTEERS: we couldn’t run these events without our wonderful volunteers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to spend a couple hours outdoors helping your community.
SPONSORS: Thank you to the sponsors of this event: Gilmore & Associates, Renewal by Andersen and A&T Chevrolet-Subaru.
We welcome donations to help us defray the costs of community programming. Local businesses and organizations are invited to contact the Borough’s Community Development Manager for more information about how to use our events for financial and/or in-kind sponsorship and creative marketing benefits. Questions to email@example.com