Regretfully, Perkasie Borough’s Earth Day celebration, scheduled for Saturday April 25th, 2020, is cancelled.
The focus of this year’s event was to be waste reduction – creating and generating less trash and recycling – and on waste diversion. Generating less trash and less recycling is good for the environment, and good for your wallet.
We are still planning to launch new services, our new web pages and compile information about making sustainable and low-waste choices, and different options and resources for recycling certain items.
This is what we had planned for you in 2020.
Headline speaker at this event is Denise Coogan, Environmental Partnership Manager at Subaru of America. Denise leads Subaru’s external environmental and sustainability programs, including their initiative to bring zero landfill to the National Parks. She has brought recognition to Subaru as one of the most environmentally friendly auto manufacturers in the world. Denise is recognized as a leading zero landfill expert and will be sharing how individual and grassroots behavior changes can have a huge impact for our local community.
Visitors will meet other organzations who are doing amazing work in this field. Check back here for a detailed schedule including these speakers and exhibitors.
- Moving towards a zero-waste community: PennEnvironment present their vision and action for a “Zero Waste PA”
- Learn how to build a backyard compost box and how to start and maintain a healthy compost pile. Penn State Extension Service Master Gardeners.
- Reduce your grocery budget and your food waste: Penn State Extension Nutrition Service.
- New, free curbside collection programs for textiles and electronics: Perkasie Borough.
- Understand your recycling and waste disposal program: Perkasie Borough.
- Hear from Borough residents who are living with almost zero-waste.
- Upcycling and reusing items in your home: Scout groups, church mission groups, school climate & environmental clubs
- No event is complete without a little shopping – exhibitors demonstrate and sell environmentally friendly and sustainable products.
We welcome donations to help us defray the costs of community programming. Local businesses and organizations are invited to contact the Borough’s Event Coordinator for more information about how to use our events for sponsorship and creative marketing benefits.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-257-5065