Entries accompanied by a photograph are due by December 1st, 2020.
All entries are asked to nominate a local non-profit organization to “win” a prize donation of $500. There are 3 donations, one in each category.
Groups seeking a display space may contact email@example.com to ask about a limited number of spots at a public location.
BUSINESSES are invited to create a display and send a photo for inclusion in our Facebook photo album (make sure your business name is advertised on your display). Winners will be selected through viewer “likes”.
ALL DISPLAYS will be included in Perkasie Borough’s photo album and we will publish a list of display locations for self-guided Display Tours from December 4th through December 31st. Winners will be notified and announced on the Borough’s Facebook page in December.
How to Enter:
We’re using Google Forms to manage entries. Please click on this link to register by December 1st. Please also send a photograph of your display to firstname.lastname@example.org
Displays will be judged in 3 categories: Positively Perkasie, Most Trees on One Block and Most Creative Theme. Entries will be judged by retired Perkasie Library Manager, Dawn Baum, Tim Gibson – Creative Director of the Ten Thousand Flowers Project, and Brent Koch – Pennridge High School Art Teacher.
- Commercial, residential addresses in the Borough are eligible to win.
- No inflatables.
- Any kind of “tree” may be decorated for this contest; it is not necessary to purchase a traditional Holiday tree. Existing trees, home made fake “trees”, even tree displays in windows for apartment dwellers.
- A display has to include at least 5 trees to be considered an entry for “Most Trees in Block”. For this category, we encourage entrants to work together with neighbors to create larger displays.
- Displays must be family friendly. No adult, offensive or political themes.
- Groups must have permission from property owner to use any display space.
- Displays should be visible from the street / roadway.
- Wires etc. must be kept off the sidewalk and roadway, and displays must not block sightlines for drivers.
- Nominated non-profit organizations must be located in Perkasie Borough or must demonstrate significant support of families or individuals living here. Additional information may be forwarded to email@example.com
- We ask that displays are lit from 5pm-9pm daily from December 6th through December 31st.
- Entries must include an address, and all displays will be advertised as a visitor attraction to town.