In anticipation of the upcoming snow storm Perkasie Borough has declared a snow emergency.
* Per Borough Ordinance 180-18.2, you must remove your vehicle from the street during a snowstorm of three inches or more in order to facilitate safe and effective snow plowing.
* Please be considerate and do not shovel or plow the snow from your driveway or sidewalk into the street.
* Sidewalk shoveling should be completed after the snow has stopped.
* Place trash cans and recycling containers so as not to interfere with snow plows or salt trucks. The Borough will not replace them.
* CLEAR SNOW FROM AROUND FIRE HYDRANTS
* Remove snow to keep open the storm water inlet near your property- keeping it open will prevent flooding and icing conditions on the street and surrounding properties.
* This declared emergency will be in effect until rescinded by the proper Borough Officials. Please check the Borough Website for updates.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For information on snow plowing and snow and ice removal see:
SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
When there is snow accumulation of 3 inches or more, the Borough Code of Ordinances prohibits parking on these snow emergency routes.
[Added 12-19-1996 by Ord. No. 787]
The schedule of streets regulated by § 180-18.2 is as follows:
|Name of Street||Location|
|Arthur Avenue [Added 2-17-1997 by Ord. No. 788>]||Both sides, from Elm Street to South Fifth Street|
|Callowhill Street||Both sides, entire length (except south side only from Fifth Street to Seventh Street)|
|Constitution Avenue||Both sides, entire length|
|Fifth Street||West side, entire length|
|Main Street||West side, entire length|
|Market Street [Added 2-17-1997 by Ord. No. 788]||South side only, from Fourth Street to Fifth Street|
|South Fourth Street [Added 2-17-1997 by Ord. No. 788]||Both sides, from Cedar Avenue to Elm Street|
|West Blooming Glen Drive [Amended 2-16-1998 by Ord. No. 802||Both sides, entire length|
|West Park Avenue||Both sides, from Fifth Street to Ridge Road (except south side only from Fifth Street to Ninth Street)|
|West Walnut Street||North side only, from Seventh Street to Constitution Avenue|
|West Market Street||South side, from Ridge Road to Fifth Street|
RESTRICTED PARKING WITH 3 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW
To help Borough crews with the removal of snow from streets, the Borough Code of Ordinances restricts parking on some Borough streets when there are three or more inches of snow. The schedule of streets regulated by § 180-18.1 is as follows:
South Seventh Street [Added 1-17-2005 by Ord. No. 887]
|Name of Street||Location|
|Hunters Run||East side, entire length|
|Parkridge||Both sides, entire length|
|East side, from Borough Hall parking lot entrance to West Chestnut Street|
|West Chestnut Street [Added 1-17-2005 by Ord. No. 887]||South side, from South Seventh Street to Borough Hall parking lot exit|
Town Center Clean Up - Parking Restrictions
Perkasie Borough crews work to remove snow from the center of town after a snow storm at night, usually beginning at Midnight. The roads will be marked with No Parking signs in advance, if possible. Parking will be restricted for snow removal as follows:
7th Street from Arch to Walnut
Arch Street from 7th to 6th
Market Street from N.6th to Railroad
Chestnut Street from 6th to 7th
Walnut Street from 5th to 7th
6th Street from Market to walnut
7th in front of Electric Department
Area around post office at 7th & Vine Street
Main Street in area of the Perk