Spring time is Approaching! Please remember to keep your Trees trimmed in accordance with Perkasie Borough Ordinance 175-3 Requirements of trimming trees.
- 175-3 Requirements for trimming trees. It shall be the duty of the owners of real estate in the Borough of Perkasie to trim and keep trimmed all trees located upon such property and along or near to any street in the Borough, so that:
- The limbs and/or branches thereof shall in no way interfere with electric wires and other wires lawfully suspended along such street. There shall be a clearance of at least 10 feet from all electrical wires and utility poles to all branches, limbs, or trunks and any other portion of the tree which may be overhanging any electric wires or utility poles. [Amended 3-6-2017 by Ord. No. 1003]
- The limbs and/or branches thereof shall not obscure or obstruct the light from any streetlight.
- No part of such tree or the limbs and/or branches and foliage thereof shall obstruct the view of the said street and/or traffic thereon by persons operating vehicles upon such street or any intersecting street.
- There shall be a clearance of at least 14 feet from the surface of the street and at least eight feet from the surface of the sidewalk to the lowest branch or limb of such tree or any other overhanging part thereof.
- No portion of the trunk of any tree shall encroach horizontally over the roadway of the street or over the paved portion of the sidewalk.
- Any tree upon a property which is dead or substantially diseased shall be removed by the owner of the property on or in front of which the same is located in instances where damage to neighboring property and/or Borough property is imminent. [Added 3-6-2017 by Ord. No. 1003]
Thank you for your cooperation! If you have any questions please contact the Codes and Zoning Officer at 215-257-5065.