Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a permit to put up a fence?

Permits are not needed for fences up to 6 feet high. Fences may be placed up to your property line. However, we suggest you bring them in from the property line far enough to allow you access to both sides for maintenance purposes. Fences cannot be built on a neighbors’s property nor upon any utility, access or right-of-way easement. Fences also cannot impair the line of sight for your property or your neighbors when entering and exiting driveways and/or roadways. Fences over 7 feet high are not allowed without approval from the Zoning Hearing Board. If your property is located at an intersection/corner lot, please contact the Borough office for additional instructions (215-257-5065).

Do I need a permit to put in or make changes to my driveway?

A permit is needed for putting in and/or making changes to a driveway. If you are resurfacing or patching a permit is not needed. Driveway permits are no charge. If changes are being made to the sidewalk and/or curb, when constructing a driveway, a permit is needed for sidewalk /curb work. Sidewalk permits are free so long as they are submitted prior to construction commencing and take approximately one week for approval.

What do I do with bagged grass?

It is highly recommended that all grass be “grass-cycled.” This means mowing your lawn before grass gets too high and allowing cuttings to remain as fertilizer for your lawn. Mulching mowers are great tools for this purpose. When this is not possible, put grass in Borough trash bags and place out for collection on your regular trash day.

What do I do with bagged leaves?

There are times when leaves do not all fall from the trees during the Borough’s official leaf collection days. Leaves may be placed in paper bags or a trash can and taken to the Borough’s Recycling Center on the first Saturday of the month. Leaves and garden debris will not be accepted at the Recycling Center on any other day of the month. When cleaning out flower beds in the spring, garden debris and leaves may be placed in paper bags or a trash can and taken to the Borough’s Recycling Center on the first Saturday of the month. When is my Bulk Trash day? Bulk trash items can be placed out with regular trash. The exception is for items that require a bulk sticker. These items are picked up each Wednesday. If the sticker is purchased by Tuesday at 3:00 pm, you may place the item out that Wednesday.

How do I dispose of tree branches?

Perkasie Borough collects tree branches once a month by appointment. The branches must be tied with twine in bundles no longer than four feet and a diameter of no more than 18 inches. Tree branch collection is always the first Wednesday of the month. Call (215) 257-5065 by the Monday prior to be placed on the pick up list for branches. The Perkasie Borough Electric department collects and chips the branches. Logs three inches in diameter or larger will be collected with bulk trash on your designated day.

When do we celebrate Halloween in Perkasie Borough?

The official date and times for Halloween are set through a proclamation made by Perkasie Borough’s Mayor. The little ghosts and goblins usually go out to collect their treats on October 31 between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

How do I dispose of my Christmas tree?

Christmas trees are collected along with recycling (Fridays) during the first three weeks of January. Please do not place any items for tree collection with wire in them as the trees are chipped and the wire could cause damage to borough equipment.

When must I move my vehicle that is parked where signs indicate a snow emergency route?

Once 3″ of snow has fallen, all vehicles must be removed from a snow emergency route. The no parking regulation continues for twelve hours after snow cessation.

How late am I allowed to use the lights at the basketball courts located in the Frank Kulp Playground on 2nd Street?

From June 1 to Labor Day: 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Labor Day to October 31: 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. November 1 to March 31: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm April 1 to May 31: 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm

My neighbor is emptying the sump pump (or swimming pool) on my property. Can the Borough help me?

The Borough has no regulations regarding this matter. However, if talking with your neighbor does not end in a solution to the problem, our District Court system can help. Be sure to document the situation in detail, including photographs of the problem and what you have done to try to resolve the problem. Perkasie Borough can help with water-related problems only during the construction of a new development and through the maintenance period that extends 18 months past dedication. Do you have a questions not answered here? Please contact us and we will be happy to help!