Perkasie Borough has been excluded, along with other Pennsylvania municipal run electric utilities, from electric deregulation as provided through Pennsylvania state law. As long as Perkasie Borough does not seek to attract customers outside its jurisdiction, all electric users living within the borough limits must use Perkasie Borough Electric as their electric supply company.
2016 Residential Rates (effective February 2016 meter reading)*:
- Customer Charge: $14.00
- First 200 kwh: $0.1524
- Next 800 kwh: $0.1380
- All additional kwh: $0.1188
2016 Commercial Rates (effective February 2016 meter reading)*:
- Customer Charge (including 3kw): $33.00
- First 25,000 kwh: $0.1373
- All additional kwh: $0.0996
- Demand Charge (for over 3 kw): $8.3309
2016 Primary Rates (effective February 2016 meter reading)*:
- Customer Charge: $33.00
- First 25,000 kwh: $0.1326
- All additional kwh: $1059
- Demand charge (for over 3 kw): $8.3309
Examples for Calculating Your 2016 Residential Electric Bill
If you used 695 KWh…
- Flat rate = $14.00
- $.1524 x 200 KWh = $30.48
- $.1380 x 495 KWh = $68.31
- Total Current Electric Bill = $112.79
If you used 1728 KWh…
- Flat Rate = $14.00
- $.1524 x 200 KWh = $30.48
- $.1380 x 800 KWh = $110.40
- $.1188 x 728 KWh = $86.49
- Total Current Electric Bill = $241.37
*The 2016 rates reflect a decrease of 10% as approved by Borough Council in late 2015, effective January 15, 2016.
Security deposit with electric heat: $300 | Security deposit without electric heat: $200 | Reconnection (During Business Hours): $50 | Reconnection (After Business Hours): $100 | Meter Test: $25 | Duplicate tenant electric bills sent to landlord (per account): $15 | Temporary electric installation: $25 minimum charge | New electricity service to subdivisions (per lot): $700| Install street lights in subdivisions (per light): $1,600
Your Electricity Bill Can Be Paid in the Following Ways:
- * Automatic Bill Payment (ACH)
- * By mail
- * At the Borough office at 620 West Chestnut Street, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- * VISA, MasterCard & Discover
- * At the night drop at the Borough Office
- * At the Perkasie Borough Authority office (Cash & check only, no credit cards)
To avoid penalties on your account, payments must be received in our office by 4:30 p.m. on the due date specified on your bill. Electric bills that are not paid by the due date are subject to late payment charges applied monthly as follows: 5% of the then unpaid balance of the monthly bill and 1.5% of the outstanding balance from previous billings.
All payments are applied to the most aged balances first.
Want to avoid late penalties? Sign up for ACH today!
Non Sufficient Funds – a $15.00 fee will be charged to the account whenever a check is returned to the Borough unpaid by the customer’s financial institution.
Estimated Bills – An estimated bill is estimated based on previous consumption instead of an actual meter reading. The Borough uses estimated billing during times when they cannot get to the meter. The next actual meter reading will correct any over or under estimate.
Disconnection of Services for Nonpayment – Failure to pay your electric bill on time could result in a disconnection of services. Payment arrangements can be made prior to disconnection. For more information please call (215) 257-5065.
Budget Billing – The Borough offers a budget billing program to homeowners who have a one-year established billing history. This billing option will generate a monthly bill for actual electric charges; however, the total due will be a pre-determined monthly average of utility services based on your billing history and evaluated every month. For more information on our budget billing program please contact the Borough at (215) 257-5065.
All labor shall be billed at the employees’ hourly rate plus 35% to cover benefits and administrative fees.
$ 65.00 per hour | Line Truck $ 55.00 per hour | Bucket Truck $ 45.00 per hour | Chipper $ 35.00 per hour | Air Compressor $ 35.00 per hour | Pick-up truck Material: Actual cost (10% may be added for handling).
All contracted services will be billed out at actual costs plus 10%. (The 10% is based on scheduling, reviewing work and administrative costs.)
Transfer of Electric Service
Click here for important landlord information!
Transfer Electric Service (please contact Perkasie Borough)
- Tenant | Name, address moving to (including apartment number, first floor, etc), date to have electric transferred, social security number, date of birth, drivers license number and phone number if one has been established.
- Property Owner | Name, address of property, date and time of settlement, settlement agency and phone number (title or abstract company), social security number, date of birth, drivers license number and phone number if one is established.
To cancel electric service when moving out:
Call the Borough office at least 24 hours prior to moving out. Supply the following information:
- Tenant | Name as it appears on your electric account, account number, address moving from, forwarding address, social security number.
- Property Owner | Name as it appears on the electric account, account number, address of property being sold, settlement date and time, settlement agency and telephone number (title or abstract company).
Our fee schedule includes other costs associated with our electric service.